Saturday, April 15, 2006

Just another lonely ol' night...

(1) Ever been on wordsmith.org/anagram? Great fun. I just typed in my name and got SEEN WEE JOY. Damn, that hurts.... It's like these computers can see into my mind sometimes, man. Dude..it's so surreal.

(2) Have you ever given food to a hungry neighbor, then checked the expiration date AFTER they returned the unused portion to you? Just happened: my neighbor asked for some mustard. I gave him my Grey Poupon that looked.......ok, though I knew it had been in the fridge a long while (I'm not a mustard guy, more of a mayo guy). Five minutes later, he returns the squeeze bottle and I happen to look at the label. It says August 2004! Yikes! Does this count as involuntary manslaughter? If so, can I get my own "Law and Order" episode made up right quick? I love that show...there's something very comforting about knowing that someone will die in the first five minutes and their killer(s) will be brought to justice in the time it takes to cook a pot pie. You know how the writers are always trying to keep that show "fresh" and "ripped from the headlines"? Well...I see Meatloaf playing me, and Micheal Richards playing my neighbor (to just randomly grad a name from completely out of the blue...). Not sure if there would be time for a love interest for my character, seeing as how I would be going to prison and all, but if Elizabeth Shue is available I certainly would have no problem with that.

(3) Reading "The Brothers Bulger" by Howie Carr...about one third through: Can't believe how corrupt Boston politics is/was/has always been. My Boston-raised Dad was a big fan of Mayor Raymond Flynn, but maybe that was because Flynn almost made the Celtics after graduating Providence; Dad loved sports even more than politics. And Will McDonough even gets mentioned in the book, though I have a feeling that Carr would have left his name out if the Globe's best known sportswriter was still alive and kicking, 'cuz he surely would have kicked Carr's ass. McDonough is not described as committing any crimes, just a person in the small town of Boston, Mass. who knew everyone worth knowing, including Whitey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home