Friday, December 19, 2008

This just in: the over-the-hill Roger Ebert loves pretty much every movie

Lord, make this man stop before he reviews again. I know he has had very serious health problems, but this legendary reviewer clearly cannot tell the good from the bad anymore.

On his website, of all the current movies he has reviewed, none received less than two stars. So he is saying that every movie in current release is worth seeing.

And that, my friends, is a bunch of crap in my view.

-----------

I've walked out of "Australia" and "Twilight" in just the past month because the first half hour of both was so poorly scripted and directed and, in the case of "Twilight", acted, that I just couldn't take another minute.

I am not going to be able to make a list of films or books that I have hated in the last year because I simply will not waste the time needed to complete a terrible book ("Dynasty", "The Areas of My Expertise" for example) or a lousy movie. Just not worth it. I'll leave that to the professional moviegoers.

Let's just say that, though I try to be very discriminating in terms of what I read and watch, I don't fall in love with every book or film I come across.

Or could you have guessed that already?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home