Saturday, April 11, 2009

A new piece of crap from Hollywood: "Observe and Report"

Here is The New York Times spot-on review of this simply awful and insulting attempt at comedy.

Saw this today and did laugh a couple of times in the beginning, but once I saw where the director was going I began to feel uneasy. Went with a friend so I didn't walk out, as I usually do when confronted with insulting garbage up on the screen. The comtempt that this movie holds its audience is astounding. In the final scene, Seth Rogen's rogue mall cop shoots an unarmed man, but since he doesn't kill him we are supposed to laugh. My god, the blood was everywhere. And we're supposed to laugh at this? I do not remember if anyone in the screening I attended was chuckling; I was too filled with horror to notice. What an asinine ending to a thoroughly crappy movie. Please don't go see this, no matter how starved for entertainment you are this weekend. You'll surely be disappointed if you do go see the new Seth Rogan vehicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home