Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Settling Down

I will not settle when I choose to spend time
With a friend or a woman. Because
No one is better than you most always.
When you talk incessantly about your little life and your little problems
I turn away and tune you out
For good.

Trust has to be earned from this Joe.
I do not like those who ask too much too soon,
They are wrong; selfish bullies to be scorned, then avoided.

Forgive me please for my inadaquateness as I take stock of yours.
Do you know I see right through you (too)?
To the wife beater, the abuser within.
Long ago is not forgotten by me, never lost on me
And won't be.
If you've not forgotten neither have they and she.
And all the rest.

I take care of me the best I know how,
The only way I know how to.
You are lucky if I let you forgive me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think I've been tuned out

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home