Monday, June 20, 2011

Clarence Clemons Passed Away This Weekend

First Danny, and
Now Clarence
My heroes are dying
Not of overdoses and car accidents
But from old age, beaten by those things that old men die from

The news came on the net this weekend, and I wept
Again and again, over and over
Shamelessly, helplessly
If the Big Man can die, who can't?

It was a communal, shared experience for me,
Last night was,
As many millions of music fans the world over
Must have been playing the same tunes
Thinking the same thoughts
Feeling the same love
For the band, and the men and Patti

One day Bruce will die too
He is, after all, just a man
What will we do then? What will I do then?
To think about nothingness and infinity does a man good
Despite the aching

Clarence lived a passionate, full life, touching many hearts
That is the best that can be said of anyone
The pain will linger for a while in my heart and head
But I, we, will always have the records
To listen to, to fall back on
As I was a fan, not a friend
What kind of pain must the members be going through?
Growing up together, getting famous together,
Dying together

He is gone and he ain't comin' back

...Clarence...

...Clarence...

...Clarence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home