Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Official 9/11 Reader: A steal at $1.99!

These are some highlights of "Part III: What the Public Thought of 'Fahrenheit 9/11' " from "The Official Fahrenheit 9/11 Reader", which I picked up for the grand total of $1.99 at B&N.

The following are supposedly actual emails/letters sent to Micheal Moore following the release of his brilliantly executed but hardly groundbreaking documentary. Does anyone read a newspaper anymore? Does anyone have any idea why they vote for anyone anymore? These emails are intended to inspire the reader in regards to the power of Moore's outstanding documentary. To me, they are frightening. What the hell were these people paying attention to prior to the release of the film? How incredibly easily swayed were these Republicans by a two hour film. Man, what happened to convictions?

----------------------------------------

"I am ashamed to say that I voted for George Bush. I'm not exactly sure why, now that I think about it, but I did." - Janell, Auburn, WA

"Saw your movie yesterday. Wow, was I blown away. I voted for Bush in 2000 and, boy, was I wrong. Never again!!!" - Dave

"I am a Republican and from a long history of family members who are hard-core Republicans. I saw your movie today alone and I cried the whole time." - Colleen R

"I just saw your movie today and to tell you the truth I am stunned!!! I voted for Bush and I am ashamed of that!!! I wish he had been a different kind of President." - A Keith. R, LA. CA

"My name is Charlene W. and I am a registered Republican engaged to a Democrat. I am an open-minded Republican and my home is full fo lively debate... Upon seeing the film, I picked up a John Kerry for President bumper sticker and placed it on my car. I feel like a schmuck for voting for and supporting GWB..." - Charlene

And my favorite....

"I have to admit that I have been a Republican, voted for Bush for Governor of Texas, worked on his presidential campaign in 2000, and am a registered volunteer for his re-election campaign....Well, I am not so closed-minded that I can't admit when I have been wrong." - Kim, Plano, TX

---------------------------------

So basically, if John Wayne were to be reincarnated and made another "Let's go kill some (insert bad guy's name here)" film, these wishy washy former Bushites listed above would probably swing back the other way. Geez, people are so easily swayed. The movie was terrific, but wasn't everything on the screen widely known before Moore released it? Or do I spend too way too much freeking time reading depressing political stuff?

Yup, I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home