Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Word for the Day: "Plork"

"Plork" is a combination of the words "pleasure" and "work" -- Do you have anything in your life that combines both a pleasurable experience and something that you have to work at?

For me, right now, it is my exercise routine. I find going to the gym to be both fun AND hard. For example, this morning I was feeling a bit tired, as I only got three hours sleep (which is actually about average for me...), but made it to my local "World Gym" here in Portland. Today was legs day for my weightlifting program, thus I made sure to warm up properly and stretch. No need to re-injure my often injured back muscles. Once I did my first lift, things fell into place, and I enjoyed the weight training tremendously. Next came an hour on the treadmill. Now, I am not much of a runner. OK, not a runner at all. But I find I can burn a large number of calories by walking uphill at about a 12 or 13 degree incline at a decent speed. Sixty minutes of walking burned about 1400 calories according to my treadmill (the best thing about weighing 300 pounds is that I can burn off so many calories so quickly). Nice work Joe!

So, despite having some tired eyes and unwilling feet, I made it to the gym anyways and got in a nice, relaxing workout.

And hope to do the same tomorrow: I'll try to keep up the plork! Hope you do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home