Friday, January 29, 2010

The Decline of "The Colbert Report"

Count me as a longtime fan of "The Colbert Report", but lately I've noticed a decline in the quality of the show. I have taped and watched it the next morning for years, but it struck me this week that I was not enjoying it nearly as much as I used to.

Why the show is less funny is a mystery to me. I'm certain that producing four half hour shows a week must be a daunting task, but it would seem that in this wide world there is plenty of material still available. Is Colbert bored? Has the quality of the writing staff declined, possibly due to defections to more high paying jobs? I'm not sure.

What I am sure of is that watching "The Colbert Report" has become more of a chore than a pleasure, so as of this week I'm going back to taping Letterman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And in the last 2 years it has gotten much worse.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home