Thursday, January 14, 2010

NFL Predictions: Everyone else has made one, so why not The 'Pent?

Call me crazy (OK, "you're CRAZY!" Mr. 'Pent) but I think all four lower seeded visitors will win this weekend. There are a lot of good teams this season, but none so good that they blow me away with their invincibility. The Colts lost their last two, the Saints their last three. The Vikings are slumping. The Chargers have never won a big game. So I'm picking the visitors in all four matchups.

-----------------

Saturday @ 4:30 - Arizona at New Orleans
The Saints are clearly not the same team that started the year 13-0 but they do have the loudest fans in football. I love Drew Brees game and makeup, and some year he's going to break through and win a Super Bowl. But not this year. The Cardinals, I expect, will put up three or four touchdowns. The question is how many scores will Brees and the Saints put up? I think they'll come up short.

Saturday @ 8:15 - Baltimore at Indy
Peyton and the Colts are the clear cut favorite overall, but I just don't believe in those young, no name wide receivers he is throwing to. The Ravens are one bad ass football team, and if they can squeak out two touchdowns I see them winning a low scoring game. Ray Rice is a terrific young talent and if I had the choice between him and Adrian Peterson I'd be mighty tempted to take the Raven.

Sunday @ 1:00 - Dallas at Minnesota
Dallas is the hottest team in the league and the Vikes are going cold at the exact wrong time. Minny does have a great dome field advantage, so the Cowboys will want to score early to quiet the fans. I think they do that and that their pass rush will greatly hinder Favre. Adrian Peterson is clearly not the same runner this year and the game may ride on his shoulders. I say Cowboys by ten.

Sunday @ 4:40 - New York Jets at San Diego
I hate Rex Ryan. I love Rex Ryan. What a great villian he's going to make over the next decade for me and all other Patriots fans. The man has proven he can be a successful head man in the NFL with his run this year. If Sanchez matures into a better than average quarterback then the Jets may become NYC's favorite team, over the reeling Giants because you just know that Ryan will have a superior defense. Sanchez is a big question mark for the future, though, and right now, in the present, he isn't very good either. If he doesn't kill the Jets with turnovers they win. The Chargers had a great regular season but have numerous playoff failures to look back on. The Jets need 150+ yards on the ground and no picks or fumbles by Sanchez. I think that will happen.

---------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home