Sunday, February 20, 2011

Three Days of Mania Then Sunday Comes And I'm Good

Thursday promised spring and I say to myself
"I'm so happy I could explode."
Man, what a high. The sunshine early, temps in the 50s
Lunch out at Whole Foods wearing just sweats and a T.
Ran outta Effexor.
Fuck it, what could be the harm of a few days runnin' naked?

Too good, too sweet to be true
In head and body
Cuz Friday my heart 'bout beat out my chest.
"This is scary" I'm thinking
"I might be in trouble here."

Saturday naked still, but Hannaford's fills the script.
Want to calm down quick and safe. Still...

Facebooking the fuck outta things.
Every damn thought in my head winds up there.
Thinkin' I'm too smart for this world
And my genius should be rewarded with an ovation.
Don't they know me by now?
Sleep for three hours
And need more.

Then Sunday comes and it's cool again.
How did I get here?
The jitterbugging heart runs are gone
For a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home