Saturday, March 12, 2011

Announcer-Less Basketball

Usually, I watch sports with the sound turned off on the TV. I don't need some knuckleheaded play by play man to tell me what is going on: I can tell for myself.

Many years ago, NBC presented a Jets-Dolphins game from the Orange Bowl with no announcers. Just the crowd noise and PA announcer. It was an experiment that went nowhere and got little positive response. I would love it if that option were to reappear. It seems to be that I am probably not alone in hoping to recreate the in person experience of attending a sporting event; having just the sounds of the game come into my living room here in The 'Pent.

How the commercials that pay for the broadcast would work into the formula, I have no idea. But to me, announcer-less basketball is the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home