Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What She Wants I Can't Have

What she wants
Is some dude
To pay her bills
And take care of her each and every need (bet she does)
Except those ones I'd be good at meeting

Because you know
I'm great in bed
...But what does that pay?
I give good "listen"
...But how can you make a job out of that?
Back rubs, foot massages,
Reading to and playing with the kids
Making dinner
All that shit
I score at
...Meaningless to her
Not worth a fucking thing to this woman

She wants a man with money
To put her two little ones in private school
So they never meet a dude that could be a future me
And spoil all her dreams
Of country clubs and Ivy League educations
For her little girls

--------

But really
Anyway

I know I'm a good match for someone
Somewhere
Not her though
She would drive me crazy
Eventually
As her materialism and self hatred
Would win out over her beauty
And sweetness
And sense of humor

Is she crazy? No
Of course not
She's a peach, a beaut
But warped by the world
To make my dreams for us impossible
Utterly unobtainable

I will move on
While looking at her in the discreet distance
When I can
Wishing for what won't ever be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home