Tuesday, August 16, 2011

4,000 Weeks in a Lifetime

How did I choose to spend my time?
This, my one chance
On the journey through

Did I punch the clock at a job I hated?
Did I marry someone I didn't love?
Did I act selfishly and aggressively towards those who couldn't defend themselves?

I have too much to lose by losing, as
In the long view there are no second chances

4,000 weeks in a lifetime
I'm more than halfway through
By any definition

Do I regret?
Yes
Do I try to learn every day
And ask "why" of everybody and everything?
Yes

When I make a mistake
Or get mistreated
My face flushes, but
Then it's gotta be a learning experience
That's on me
Always

My 2,000 weeks have been mostly pain
When you break it down
But I'm not done yet

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't poems supposed to rhyme?

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We hear you have a smaller than average sized dick. Is that true, Mr. Pent?

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry Bird sucks

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home