Monday, September 18, 2006

More Odds and Ends...in the form of a question.

1) Is the new Bob Seger album the best rock 'n roll put out this century?

---- That I'm aware of, oh yes. Most definately yes. Never in my life have I listened to a cd 40 plus times in a week. It may be because Seger's return is so emotionally charged for me and millions of other fans, but I freakin' love this album. Not one throwaway, though I sometimes skip the 12th track since it's intended to be the capper, and I tend to just go back to "Wreck This Heart" and start the fucker all over again.


2) Can I possibly think of anything BAD to say about the Bruins?

---- Not a chance. The last time I paid attention was when they made that Draft Day trade of Raycroft for some prospect. Of course the prospect is apparently pretty talented, though if he can't beat out Tim Thomas in the first two months of the season....well, that wouldn't be good. Lewis and Chiarelli look like the kind of guys who get things done.

Now that Harry ("He traded Bobby Orr") Sinden has retired (hope they give him a night or something. He was a big part of the franchise for a long time, he just wasn't Red or BB), the new blood can take over and not have that shadow hanging over them. Though there is a shadow looming in Buffalo that still owns the team. Nuff said on J. Jacobs. Kessel is talented apparently, but his maturity has always been the question mark. If they hit it on him, they'll hit it big. It they miss, he'll hopefully be gone in two years, since his rep is not good. We B's fans can live with self centered hockey players who score 35 to 45 goals a season. Just not ones that score 15 goals and wind up with 50 points.

Since the Bruins will always be the Lunch Pail AC to me and many others, I hope to heck that they can find their way to 90+ points and the second or third round. That's all I/we're asking, guys.


3) Caught a few minutes of Ben Affleck on the Regis and Kelly show this morning while getting an oil change.

---- Is it me, or is this what everyone thinks?: Damon is clearly the better actor, but Affleck seems like a really good guy and someone who wants to be liked so much that you'd love to have a beer (or three) with him. Whose career or life would you rather have? I don't know either.


4) Does the Manhands/Kramer gets a job/George enters the Forbidden City/Elaine enters the Bizzaro World episode represent the high water mark for the best tv show ever, Seinfeld?

---- For me, this is the one that should be on 24/7 at the Smithsonian. Though the episode where Jerry dates Lois (Lane?) and wins the Big Race II, or maybe Moops/Bubble Boy/"My father's cabin!" as well. Any of those three will still be killing me 25 years from now, when I'm in the early stages of senility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home