Monday, December 29, 2008

The Tyranny of the Cracker Aisle

Why and how have Triscuits, Wheat Thins, and Cheezits taken over the fucking cracker aisle of the supermarket?

---------------

And just exactly how many different types of crackers can be made out of these three little fuckers? I am sick to death of only having three choices of crackers.

When I was a kid, the supermarkets were a lot smaller but there seemed to be lot more choices. Tidbits, Cheese Doodles, etc etc etc. The selection was endless. Nowadays, you have you fat free, salt free, oven roasted, dry roasted...whatever. Just so long as you want Triscuits, Wheat Thins, and Cheezits.

Man, I do not want Triscuits, Wheat Thins, or Cheezits. I want something different. Anything.

How has this awful situation occurred? I am not bothering to research the economic and social history of the American cracker. I just want some different fucking crackers on the shelf of the supermarket next time I fill up.

Can anyone help me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I just bought a box of "Thin Cheezy Triscuits". Would that work?

I think they all come out of the same machine, sort of like everything at McDonalds, including the packaging materials...

:-D

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home