Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Best Love Letter Is Time Spent

I had the opportunity to attend a good friend's son's youth basketball game last night and it gave me a chance to think about what it means to care about another person and, especially, to love someone.

Spending time with someone else is the best gift you can give them.

So many people in our society feel great pressure to drive the nicest car, make the most money, have the most accomplished offspring, etc, but as I have grown into my middle years it has become more and more obvious to me that all that...well....crap is a losing bet. Why do we need to make a six figure income? Why do we want to drive a Beemer? We only get one chance at life and we only are given 168 hours in a week. Using those hours wisely by doing things you enjoy with people you care about and, hopefully, love seems the wisest of life choices.

Seeing my friend R coaching his son's team was a wonderful experience but the best part of all was knowing that R is there for his boy, that they have a bond based on time spent in one another's company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home