Friday, April 15, 2011

What's To Come?

The voices were gone
For the longest time in my memory
Why do they, in small snippets,
Have to come back now?

--------------

I was about to get my hair cut
Two weeks back
And could hear the young women inside
Saying nice things about me

But I cannot hear through walls

I was walking around The 'Pent
Last night naked, headed to the shower
And could hear the workers next door, out the window,
Saying good things about me

I cannot hear whispers from a hundred feet away

-----------

Why now?
This is that kind of tenuous, frightening moment
Where things can get better or worse

I was fine, by myself,
At the Pirates game last night
And am happy for that
But knowing how bad things can get
Scares me completely

I do not want to be a headline
I don't want to wind up behind locked doors again
What do I have to do to keep this shit right?
The meds have stayed regular
Things are good with my pdoc
What else is there
To worry about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home