Monday, May 09, 2011

Money and Pro Athletes: Just a Thought

I have to cringe every time I hear or read a pro athlete talk about money.

They usually say something like this: "Yeah, I hear stories about guys losing their money, but my agent/manager/buddy handles all that stuff for me. I don't even see a bill."

===============

Fucking Hell, Moron: That's what they all say!! "I don't even see a bill." Fuck, that is retarded. If every professional athlete spent five or ten hours a week educating themselves about finances they wouldn't have to worry about winding up like Ray Williams, who played in the NBA for over a decade and wound up sleeping in his car for three years. Or Antoine Walker, who spend untold millions of his $100 m in salary on gambling debts and bad real estate investments.

It's relatively easy to blow millions of dollars. Just trust your agent completely. Or develop a gambling habit. Or have a dozen kids out of wedlock with a bunch of different gold-digging skanks. Shit, these pro athletes need a father figure in their lives to tell them the straight poop: Know where your money is. Learn how to read a financial statement. Keep track of everything. Marry well.

================

Howz that for straight shootin'?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home