Saturday, September 10, 2011

We're Not Bullshitting Here

How did racism come about? It's actually based on the healthy human desire to surround oneself with safe people.

==========

Humans were, are, a tribal people. We like to feel safe and surround ourselves with people we can trust so we can nest, eat, and shit in peace. That desire for trust developed over many thousands of years, back in the caveman days, as a method of survival. How did you know who was going to try to hurt you? People with different faces, skin type and color, different hair type, those were the people to watch out for. We want to be with our own to we can let our guard down and be ourselves, be safe.

==========

I can spot a loser in one and a half seconds. That instinct has been honed over 45 years of betrayal and lies. I trust my instinct for self preservation over anything you say to me. I know people, and I know who to trust.

And I am scared of people who don't look like me. Black people. Hispanics. Indians. Whatever. That is because I am human, and a bit of an animal. It's OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home