Sunday, September 24, 2006

Real and imagined quotes regarding the Pats v. Broncos

Tough loss. 13 games to play before the real season begins, hopefully.

"If it's the ultimate game, how come they're playing it again next year?"
---- (Real) Duane Thomas of the Dallas Cowboys prior to Super Bowl IV. The man had a point. Relevant since it's the third week of the season. Long haul left. Gabriel and Caldwell showed life and hopefully Jackson and Corey Dillon get healthy.

"UPI reports that an unknown terrorist slipped 10mg each of melatonin into Al Micheals' and John Madden's pre-game green tea. Arrests to be made soon."
---- (Fake) Could these two have sounded less like they give a shit? Rod Smith MAY be a HOFer? He's one of the greatest wideouts ever, Al. Madden: the Pats are pros: they don't show emotion when none is called for. Christ, these two made the game seem like a dental cleaning. If you are that bored, Al and John, let Joe Buck do play by play and Bob Davie do the color. No, I didn't just write that, did I? I hate those two guys. It's a long way from "Do you believe in miracles?".

"The Broncos and Colts will never win a Super Bowl BECAUSE of Plummer and Manning. They may win one, but not because of these two guys."
---- (Real....I was babbling to myself as the clock wound down) Jake da Snake? Naaah. It was Denver's D and Tatum Bell that won the game for Denver. Can't take anything away from them, it was a pounding in the Pats own stadium. But I would never bet on Plummer over Brady, even up. Never in a million years.

"We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts."
---- Private John Winger as played by Bill Murray in "Stripes". (A Real, Fake quote) This is what it means to be a Patriot/patriot. Damn, if they won every game what fun would that be? My own great great (great?) grandfather from Germany was a draftdodger going back to the Bismarck inspired European wars of the 19th century. On my father's side: 100% IRISH!!!! And you know what that means: "No Irish Need Apply". That was the way of the world in Boston until less than a century ago. I am proud to call myself.....MUTT. As Bob Kraft said after the first Super Bowl win: "We're all Patriots!".....and we're all, in NE at least, MUTTS. Vrabel: Steelers didn't want him. Troy Brown: 7th rounder. Brady. Gabriel: traded by the worst team in football. Etc. Etc. Etc.

"No. They come back to the sideline and I tell them what I see. I'm a team player and I tell them what I see and what we should look out for. ... There was no reason. We all work together. It wasn't my time. I just have to wait until my number is called."
---- (Real) Doug Gabriel on if it was frustrating not playing in the first half. Now ya talkin', Doug. That sounds like Patriot talk to me.

"I am soooooo shitfaced right now'
---- Odell Thurman, midnight, Cincinnati last night. (Probably Real) Actually, hopefully real, since he may have had other stuff going on, too.

Next stop for the Pats: Paul Brown Stadium, 6 days from today, 4:15pm. Should be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home