Saturday, May 14, 2011

Finally, a Movie Worth Seeing: "Bridesmaids"

Here's the New York Times glowing review.

==========

Thank you Kristin Wiig.

Honestly, movies have sucked for several years now. When a decently executed piece of fluff like "The King's Speech" sweeps the Oscars, you know something is wrong. I, for years and years, went to the movies faithfully at least once, usually twice a week. But that has stopped in the last 18 months or so because of the quality of the films I was seeing. Recently, I walked out on the supposedly funny "Hall Pass", left early on the well reviewed "Win Win", and so on and so on.

But "Bridesmaids" is a different breed than the recent crap. It is.....funny! Laugh out loud funny. I saw it Friday night in Westbrook and I, along with what seemed to be everyone in the full house, was in hysterics for just about the entire two hours.

There has, in my memory, never been a funnier female driven movie. I'd put this up with other comedy classics of the last decade or so like "Borat", "Shawn of the Dead", "The 40 Year Old Virgin", and "There's Something About Mary": "Bridesmaids" is that good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home