Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Lack of Faith in Others

Lately I've been let down
By lots of folks
Paid and unpaid
Whom are supposed
To have my back

---------

You
Can ask me how I am
Then keep asking
Please
I do not bite
But talking about how unfriendly I am
Is sure to make it so

---------

And you, foul "teacher"
You were supposed to be there for me
It was, actually, your job
You did it very poorly, and
Had for a long time

When I told you I was leaving you
You reacted like a child
Telling me things you knew not to be true
Blaming me

Blaming me?
Man, that was sad
I did nothing
And you know it was your fault
Your limitations obvious to us both
I wasted
Many dozens of hours with you
Never telling you the truth
Because I knew you didn't deserve it

And we know it won't be forgetten
The way you reacted
That last afternoon
It speaks of a lack of real character
That you acted so badly

I will not put myself in such a situation
Again soon
Because of you

----------

The only one I trust is Dr. W----
And I bend his ear just 20 minutes a month
I know he will help me
And not judge me to my face

Quite the burden, given my predicament
But I believe him to be up to the task

Everyone else?
You will all stay right where you are

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home