Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I don't eat, I don't sleep, I don't shower or shave....I just YouTube.

This person is a god. Maybe not THE god, but certainly A god, just like Phil Conners.

Check it out.

=============================

About fifteen or so years ago I went to visit a friend down in Manhattan. I had heard that a new Museum of Television and Radio had just opened up, and was extremely excited to visit. Having made no prior arrangement, I simply showed up bright and early one morning.

What I expected was not what I found. The staffer at the front desk told me that appointments to view videos must be made well in advance, and that I was out of luck as far as seeing...say.....Jim's driving test from "Taxi", "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" from WKRP, the MASH documentary episode, Sammy Davis, Jr kissing Archie, etc. etc. All stuff that has a special place in my heart (yeah, I watched a lot of damn tv as a kid in the 70's).

Well, the day has finally come (I know, I know, the internet is over a decade into it's mature stage, but YouTube has only been around a short time). The mountain has come to Mohammad, so to speak. As I sit here typing away at my iMac, I have access to so many hundreds of memorable, historic scenes, stuff that makes me giggle so hard I feel my throat tightening up, causing tears to appear in my eyes (yes, I cry when I laugh really hard. and yes, that's weird). I mean really, I cannot imagine NOT nearly asphyxiating of laughter whenever I hear the phrase "What......does.......a......(looks down)...yellow......light.....mean?"

Not that I hear that phrase a lot. But still.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home