Saturday, May 28, 2011

If I Had a Fortune

I've been nothing a good long while
But if I had a fortune
I'd find me a woman
Who needed a good friend
She would have her a mind
Filled with hatred, fear, and love
Old or young, I don't care
I'd take her down with me
To the places I've known
She'd tell me her stories
And show me her home
I'd still be alone
But my woman'd ask me how I am
Every once in a while
She'd care about kids
And the drunks in the gutter
She'd know how it feels
To be at the end
She'd see me as sad
But worth the trouble
Think I was sexy
And think I was funny
We wouldn't plan on tomorrow
But live for today
If I had me a fortune
I'd do me some good
And plenty of bad
But I'd do it all for her
Because that's who I am
If I had a fortune
I'd still see the sad
And live with the shame
But me and my woman
Would walk together
Hand in hand forever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home